NorthStar is a global leader in designing, manufacturing and deploying an innovative range of batteries and site solutions.
Our Mission: To deliver reliable and sustainable power to the world.
Our Vision: We will build on our strong product leadership, customer engagement and operational experience.
The company was established in 2000 by a group of experts in the lead-acid battery industry, who together hold more than 100 years of experience. NorthStar products are so reliable and cost effective they are used in Telecom Power Systems, Uninterruptible Power Supplies and Engine Start applications in more than 120 countries.
NorthStar employs over 600 people worldwide, with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and major operations in Missouri, USA; Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Sollentuna, Sweden. NorthStar also has global distribution and service centers, which include Panama, Indonesia, Dubai and Singapore.
What Makes NorthStar Unique?
NorthStar products are designed to be ultra-high performance and premium quality, with a much longer lifetime than standard products. This reduces the impact on the environment, as well as reducing the total cost of operation, due to less downtime, lower battery replacement and fewer maintenance visits.
Pure Lead Technology
Pure Lead Technology is the latest breakthrough in battery performance technology. Our NSB Red Battery™ range uses pure lead positive plates to provide exceptionally long battery lifetime on stable power grids - typically more than 15 years, compared with less than 12 years from standard batteries.
Thin Plate Technology
NorthStar thin plate technology gives our batteries a huge advantage over the competition. Using thin plate construction inside the battery means greater surface area, typically delivering 10-15% better performance.
NorthStar is an industry leaders when it comes to battery cooling technology. Battery performance is strongly affected by environment temperatures: every 10°C increase from the ideal operating temperature of 20°C halves the life of a battery. So at 40°C, a battery that should last 10 years can last only 2.5 years. This drives up replacement costs and severely increases the impact on the environment. Our innovative SiteStar Cabinet can keep your batteries at optimal operating temperatures, with energy usage equivalent to a single light bulb. This means electricity savings of up to 95% compared to air-conditioned cabinets, while extending battery lifetime.
It is our policy to conduct business in an honest and ethical manner implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter corruption and bribery. We are committed to act professionally, fair, and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate.
- Zero tolerance – We take a zero tolerance approach to bribery and corruption.
- Gifts, entertainment, and hospitality – whether given or received – should be limited in value, for a business purpose, well documented, and reasonable. Expenses involving officials should be closely monitored.
- Facilitation payments – NorthStar forbids facilitation payments and you shall not pay if faced with demands.
- Procurement, contracting, and purchasing – Supplier selection shall be a formal, structured invitation for the supply of products or services. Payments will only be made following receipt of a valid invoice. Side agreements will not be accepted.
- Political, religious, community and charitable contributions – NorthStar does not make political or religious donations. Community and charitable contributions must be for a legitimate purpose.
- Recordkeeping – All expenses, including entertainment, travel, and gifts, must be promptly and accurately documented.
- Business representatives – NorthStar could be held liable for the acts of its Business representatives. Those engaged to act for or on behalf of NorthStar are expected to comply with our policies.
- Everyone must comply – This policy applies to all employees of NorthStar.
- Reporting – Any actual or suspected violations must be reported to your manager, local HR department, CFO/Legal/CSR, or through the whistleblower function.